Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mexican Zucchini Soup

We have a nice neighbor who has a nice friend who gives away Zucchinis!! Lucky us because it makes for a really inexpensive dinner. I found the recipe at cooks.com. I served it with chips and salsa one night and a side salad with fresh corn from the cob sprinkled on top. As a side note...I am still cooking on the grill cook top because the kitchen is still in pieces. ( Any sympathy awws for me? Any?...(crickets) Well...I'll post pics soon. Here is the recipe....


Mexican Zucchini Soup

1 sm onion chopped
1 1/2 tsp butter
2 cups chicken or veg broth
2 cups unpeeled diced zucchini
1 1/2 cup corn kernals
2 TBS finely chopped jalepeno peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 cup milk
2 oz mont. jack cheese cut into 1/4" cube

In a large saucepan saute onion plus butter about 3 min.

Stir in broth, zuccini, corn peppers, salt and pepper.

Boil...reduce heat and cook until zucchini is tender. ( About 5 min.)

Stir in milk and heat ( but not boil).

Remove from heat and add cheese....enjoy....it has a kick


As a side note....I also added the leftover zucchini in our meatloaf sauce....yumm...good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment