Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm back....





I had a bit of writer's block. But with Memorial Day passing I've been thinking....and painting...but mostly thinking. I really miss my Dad. Dad served bravely in WWII. I miss Mom. Mom was about my daughter's age when war tore into Poland, her homeland. She didn't come to the U.S. until she was 18. That's 9 years of war. My dad experienced 4. He had never been out of Cleveland, Ohio when he was drafted and sent an ocean away. She had a childhood, property and possessions taken. I'm thinking about feeling really grateful for all the blessings we enjoy. Thank you mom and dad for all of your sacrifices and for protecting us from your memories. Thanks to all the young men and women serving today. I pray I successfully teach my children the value of service and not to take the simplest day of freedom for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment